Friday 16 April 2010

Korean food in Dubai!

So, I thought to start familiarising myself with the food. So I checked www.timeoutdubai.com for a good Korean restaurant... I found this one with 5 positive reviews Dae Jung Kum

I want with my brothers, who were a little hesitant... but the result was very good

This first thing you notice the food smell once you're in. much more intense than a Japanese restaurant...

Plus, you will see that the chopsticks are made of metal, not wood... it is great for handling meat and rice, but much more harder than the wooden ones for noodles as they kept slipping over the metal! :-D



We ordered a dish which get cooked at you table! Each table has a BBQ built in... The lamb was great! Cooked with mushrooms and onion, and with a soybeans paste (which looks a little like hot chill paste)


The food is definitely more spicy and with more aroma than Japanese food... a little bit of a Chinese taste into it... but unique nevertheless.

Unlike Chinese food, Korean food didn't seem to have "sweet and sour" taste to it, they put appraisers for you (like Thai restaurants do), but they weren't very good

I loved the cold noddles, and the hot noodles were nice too


I wanted to finish it off with some desserts, but the only think they had was cold iced tea, with cinnamon... it was toooo sweet, even for me! You will find yourself breaking it with some cold water in order to be able to drink it... and the cinnamon taste was so intense you cannot detect the presence of any tea! but it was nice


All in all, it was a great experience... I got the feeling that I will enjoy now the Korean food.

Who knows? maybe even more than Japanese food!

checkout the complete photo album here

2 comments:

  1. good. now let me go check it out sometime. what about the cost??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ravoof:
    It is quite reasonable!
    Good for a couples-night-out...
    One of the reasons we went to this once since it recommended as inexpensive.

    You know an ethnic restaurant is good when you find more people of that ethnic origin there than "foreigners"

    As far as Japanese in concerned, I recommend Kiko (Le Méridien Dubai, Dubai +971 4 282 4040.)

    For the the "set menu" for the most authentic japanese experiance and value-for-money... if you love it (as I did) register for a 50% discount on your bill for couple's dinning..

    Man... if you are a couple in Dubai you can save TONs of money!! do you know "Entertainer" book?? A couple's bill can have a saving between 30~50%

    ReplyDelete